sitting, waiting and wishing

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Happy eid!

Its amazing how I got my prayers answered in more than one way..

As much as i love gathering with my close family, hari raya also means meeting distant relatives.
the uncles, aunties and grannies.
And each year, at least once there would be that awkward moment when i got asked 'that' question.
Its just a few seconds that pass in no time, but still..i despise it more each year.
So yes, i am guilty of secretly wishing to skip that routine. But for our family that never miss going around the the state visiting all levels of relatives esp.on my mother's side, escaping is quite impossible, so I just adapted and learned to feel numb.

Last year was the year I struggled to get a new job - to start a new career. Mainly for my peace of mind, and also for better career opportunities.
In fact I had a series of interview during Ramadhan last year and almost joined that company after hari raya, had it not been a deal gone bad.

And a year later, here I am working on the eve of Syawal 1st, at this new job I just started 3 months ++ ago.
Sacrificing days of raya break like what I always had at my previous job is the price to pay for a somewhat calmer and more sensible job.
The extra pay is simply just the icing on the cake.

It will be a long 4 days and nights.
But at least, i wont get asked that question anymore! Alhamdulillah!

Selamat hari raya, maaf zahir & batin!

Labels: ,

1:40 AM

0 friends sharing their thots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment